Tuesday, April 27, 2010

God Has Brought Me Laughter...


Dear God,

Help me to be a real flesh-and-blood kind of lady who lives in an adventure more strenuous than any fairy-tale heroine; an adventure that begins with a promise and ends with laughter.

Thank you God for keeping Your promises.  That you have a gracious plan for me that will unfold in Your time according to Your way.

Lord I confess my anxiety and self-reliance; I give that over to you.

Help me to wait with a listening ear and a ready heart to do your will.  I know you hint at your purpose for me by planting dreams within my heart.  Lord I pray I give you my dreams that I've been too busy, too afraid, or too disappointed to pursue.

God if it's time to take the plunge, I pray I might find myself joyfully echoing Sarah's word's in Genesis 21:6, "God has brought me laughter."

Father thank you for loving me despite the fact that my soul still contains shadows that sometimes block the light of Your Spirit.  As I grow older may I trust you more completely for the dreams you've implanted in my soul.

May I be surrounded by laughter at the wonderful way you accomplish Your purpose despite my weakness...

Love you Lord-
G

No comments:

Post a Comment