Monday, March 15, 2010

It's the Imperfections...


Today I got the chance to record for the first time.  And although it was full of laughter and uncertainty; it was also weird to hear my voice through the booming speakers.  You have ideas of how you sound, and manipulate your mind to believe certain things about yourself.  For the first time I appreciated the imperfections in my voice, as well as the things which I can always work on.  Is it dangerous to listen to yourself?  Or is it an amazing epiphony to realize that it's a good thing to not sound exactly like Britney, Beyonce, or Gaga.

To me; singing in the corner of a coffeeshop while people study, socialize or go on first dates is what I am completely content with.  And not only that, but to have the quirks in which others don't have is quite rejuvenating as well as freeing...Worship pushes me to reach higher, dig deeper as well as check always the heart from which notes pour forth.

Thank you to Ray for giving me the encouragement as well as the acknowledgement that being different is beautiful as well as inspiring.  Thank you for helping me realize another ounce of courage I never knew I had...

I'm looking forward to writing songs as well as recording a few more for a demo.  With God all things(including the courage to sing) is definitely possible!

Love and Peace,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment