Thursday, May 6, 2010

Wrestling the Angels...



One of my favorite songs is "24" by Switchfoot.  As I was listening to the song I pulled up the lyrics and was particularly moved by the last verse...
"I want to see miracles, see the world change, wrestled the angel, for more than a name, for more than a feeling, for more than a cause, I'm singing Spirit take me up in arms with You, and You're raising the dead in me..."

The part that really caught my attention was the lyric about wrestling the angel for more than a name...and I remember the story of Jacob when he wrestled with the angel until the Lord shrunk his hip muscle so that he would stop.  The Lord then changed Jacob's name to Israel.

How I would long to be like Jacob in this scenario.  To wrestle with the Lord, and have the perseverance to never give up.  I pray that if you're feeling a little tired and a little run-down that we would be like Jacob; wrestling until God stops us...I pray that we would live a life completely surrendered to God, so that when he sees us struggling or wrestling with circumstances that He would intervene.  God does sorrow with us; but He also lifts us up to live a life for more than a feeling and more than a cause...

Love and Peace,
G

No comments:

Post a Comment