Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Contents of Conversation...


No one will warn you,
Of the contents of conversation.

Words can sneak up on you,
Delivering news of uncertainty.

It was just one time,
Will I be a good mother?


He kissed me.
He kissed me.


I don't think this will work,
You've changed.


How can I do better?
You're fired.


What do you think I should do?
I'm sorry.


I love you.
I miss you.
I hate you.


Please stay.
Just leave.


If words could break,
We've broken them.

If cliché of speech could only be taken by ingenuity,
Words, go forth, cut like a two-edged sword.
Comfort and hold me with sincerity.

If only the contents of conversation would break the mold,
Of last night TV shows,
And the way the clouds change shape.

Bring life to your words,
Passion to your speech,
And death to stereotype once and for all.

Written By: Jillian Saldana

No comments:

Post a Comment